There’s one question that almost no one asked.
You could probably predict most of the questions I get asked about creating great workshops:
– How to even get started? (Especially when I’m already so busy!)
– How to figure out how much info is enough? Or if it’s too much?
– How to attract the ideal participants, who will actually show up & pay up?
– How much to charge?
– How to decide which platforms are best for marketing and delivery?
And if you enroll in Turn Your Wisdom Into Workshops, you will ABSOLUTELY get the answers to those questions and a ton more that you haven’t even thought of yet (like…what do you do if someone wants a refund? What do you do when the tech goes on the fritz? How do you collect testimonials? Is it better to teach in person or online? etc.)
But there is one question that only one brave soul wrote in:
“What if no one shows up?”
And I think it is that question that keeps smart, creative people like you from sharing your wisdom.
It’s a plaintive question.
As a child, I actually had one of those birthday parties where no one came. My babysitter and I just sat at the kitchen table with a cake I had made myself, decorated with a sunburst. (It was the ’70s – everything was decorated with a sunburst.) Finally I took myself up to my room and re-read Little House on the Prairie for the thousandth time.
No one wants to visit those feelings of rejection, sorrow and dashed hopes.
But when I started offering workshops, I had to face those feelings square on.
And so will you.
What a wonderful opportunity for spiritual growth!
You will find that the question, “What if no one shows up?” leads directly to some other interesting questions like:
What if everyone shows up?
What if you don’t show up?
What if you do show up?
What if you show up 100% more than you ever have before?
(Oh, look! It’s another wonderful opportunity for spiritual growth!)
And I bet that if you show up, the right amount of perfect other people will, too.
Finally, just to be super-practical about it, even IF no one shows up (and it totally happens – I myself once offered a workshop that got zero enrollment and man, was that a wonderful opportunity for spiritual growth : ) you will still benefit.
Because once you start creating a great workshop, you have AUTOMATICALLY created the framework for:
- your book
- your signature talk
- a high-level coaching program
- a “train-the-trainers” certification or licensing program
- a compelling lead magnet
- media opportunities
- a tribe
And it might ALSO cause you to get your sh*t together around:
- organizing your contacts
- getting new business cards
- updating your website
- figuring out how Facebook ads work
- putting you back in touch with people (it’s amazing who turns up when you start promoting a workshop – I’ve got several former clients and students enrolled in Turn Your Wisdom Into Workshops and I’m so excited to see what they’re up to)
There’s nothing like a nice, big, scary project like creating a workshop to get you to face your demons, stare down your fears and bust right through your procrastination.
Plus you get to share your wisdom, have some fun and make some good money.
Pretty good deal.
So….let me ask again: what if YOU show up?
Enroll in Turn Your Wisdom Into Workshops today and find out.